Geeks and Nerds, as an employee owned company, believes the success of our corporation is directly tied to wellbeing and success of our employee-owners. With their dedication and innovation, our employee-owners contribute to the corporate success by exceeding our customers’ expectations. Our employee-owners are also the cornerstone of GaN’s community outreach programs to improve our neighborhoods where we work and live. We believe our employee-owners, customers, neighborhoods, and our country are collectively interrelated to improve the quality of life for us and our future generations. To expand our corporate mission, we are continuing to look for motivated employee-owners to join us at GaN. Come join us to begin your career and ownership at GaN.
GaN has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator. This individual will be a Systems Administrator providing technical expertise supporting information system components, infrastructure integration and maintenance to satisfy architectural and business requirements in support of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Aviation & Missile Center’s Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate. The Candidate will also monitor system performance, security and troubleshoot problems as they occur.
The Candidates for this position must possess, at a minimum, a United States SECRET level security clearance.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Work with a Functional Test Team to test and troubleshoot system capabilities and identify issues
• Manage and maintain a Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure to include:
o Creating/modifying user and service accounts
o Windows 10 deployment and management
• Control access to systems
• Update, configure, build and maintain systems and support infrastructure
• Record, troubleshoot and resolve issues identified by users
• Work independently and with other engineers on requirements development, system architecture and system design
Educational Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, management of technology, MIS or other related field or at least 6 years’ information systems engineering and design experience is required.
Required Skills and Certifications:
• Must have Security+ CE or CISSP Certification and Operating System Certification (Windows)
• Experience with administration of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016)
• Understanding of modern TCP/IP networking fundamentals for local area networks
• Experience with patching and deploying software products and updates using Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and System Center components and/or Desktop Central
• Experience with managing and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
• Experience with system imaging processes and software (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit)
• Experience with Multifactor Authentication and PKI
• Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) processes/procedures
Preferred (not critical) Skills and Certifications:
• Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) systems: Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Nessus
• Familiarity with Network, System Information and Test Environment (NSITE) Software
• Familiarity with common data link types (JREAP-C, VMF, DIS, etc.)
• Understanding of basic tactical networks (Link-16, etc.)
• Understanding of/experience with Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
This position may require that the individual be able to travel to support equipment installations, maintenance and operations at both Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) locations. Duration and amount of travel may vary but may be up to 10% spread throughout the year.
Geeks and Nerds Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected classifications. Geeks and Nerds Corporation participates in E-Verify.