Geeks and Nerds, as an employee owned company, believes the success of our corporation is directly tied to wellbeing and success of our employee-owners. With their dedication and innovation, our employee-owners contribute to the corporate success by exceeding our customers’ expectations. Our employee-owners are also the cornerstone of GaN’s community outreach programs to improve our neighborhoods where we work and live. We believe our employee-owners, customers, neighborhoods, and our country are collectively interrelated to improve the quality of life for us and our future generations. To expand our corporate mission, we are continuing to look for motivated employee-owners to join us at GaN. Come join us to begin your career and ownership at GaN.
GaN has an immediate opening for a Journeyman Network Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama and Colorado Springs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the Chief Engineer and Network Operations Manager with the design, implementation, and support of LAN/WAN networks and systems.
• Assists the Chief Engineer and Network Operations Manager with the development and maintenance and maintains network system and service configurations.
• Documents and troubleshoots network and system issues.
• Creates and maintains network diagrams and documentation.
• Tests and evaluates network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements.
• Assists with the configuration, implementation, and utilization of NetScout devices and other network monitoring tools
• Provide network monitoring, troubleshooting, and report during missile defense test events
• Provide communications (Secure VoIP, Secure Chat) support during missile defense test events
• Traveling to support various DoD test events
• While traveling, configure network endpoints to include workstations and audio/visual endpoints (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.).
Required knowledge, skills and experiences:
• Bachelor’s degree, with 3-10 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must be US Citizen with current/existing Secret clearance
• Must have CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
• Must have CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
• Experience with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
• Experience deploying and managing TACLANEs
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
• Travel for CONUS and OCONUS support (Up to 25% per year)
Desired knowledge, skills and experiences:
• Experience deploying and managing firewalls (Palo Alto and/or Cisco ASA)
• Experience with network management and monitoring toolsets such as NetScout, Wireshark, ExtraHop, SolarWinds, etc.
• Familiar with Windows and Linux workstation and server configuration and operation
• Familiar with multicast network configuration and operation
• Familiar with Cisco Telephony and AV endpoints such as VoIP Phones and VTC Units
• CCNP/CCIE certification
Secret – Current
HSV – Huntsville, Alabama (Redstone Arsenal)
COS – Colorado Springs (Schriever Air Force Base)
Geeks and Nerds Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected classifications. Geeks and Nerds Corporation participates in E-Verify.