Geeks and Nerds, as an employee owned company, believes the success of our corporation is directly tied to wellbeing and success of our employee-owners. With their dedication and innovation, our employee-owners contribute to the corporate success by exceeding our customers’ expectations. Our employee-owners are also the cornerstone of GaN’s community outreach programs to improve our neighborhoods where we work and live. We believe our employee-owners, customers, neighborhoods, and our country are collectively interrelated to improve the quality of life for us and our future generations. To expand our corporate mission, we are continuing to look for motivated employee-owners to join us at GaN. Come join us to begin your career and ownership at GaN.
GaN has an immediate opening for a Senior Principal Network Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Designs, implements, and supports LAN/WAN networks and systems.
• Develops and maintains network system and service configurations.
• Documents and troubleshoots network and system issues.
• Creates and maintains network diagrams and documentation.
• Tests and evaluates network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements.
• Assists with the configuration, implementation, and utilization of NetScout devices and other network monitoring tools
• Assist with development of Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS)
• Provide communications (Secure VoIP, Secure Chat) support during Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS) test events
• Traveling to support missile defense test events
Required knowledge, skills and experiences:
• MA degree, with 10 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of MA degree requirement.
• Must be US Citizen with current/existing Secret clearance
• Must have CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
• Must have CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
• Experience with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
• Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of OSPF, BGP, and MPLS
• Experience deploying and managing TACLANEs
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
• Travel for CONUS and OCONUS support (Up to 25% per year)
Desired knowledge, skills and experiences:
• Experience deploying and managing firewalls (Palo Alto and/or Cisco ASA)
• Experience with network management and monitoring toolsets such as NetScout, Wireshark, ExtraHop, SolarWinds, etc.
• Familiar with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
• Experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
• Experience with Cisco Unified Communications
• Familiar with Windows and Linux workstation and server configuration and operation
• Familiar with multicast network configuration, operation, and troubleshooting
• CCNP/CCIE certification
• Familiarity with BMDS, particularly as pertains with Missile Defense Agency
Secret – Current
COS – Colorado Springs, CO (Schriever Air Force Base)
Geeks and Nerds Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected classifications. Geeks and Nerds Corporation participates in E-Verify.