Geeks and Nerds, as an employee owned company, believes the success of our corporation is directly tied to wellbeing and success of our employee-owners. With their dedication and innovation, our employee-owners contribute to the corporate success by exceeding our customers’ expectations. Our employee-owners are also the cornerstone of GaN’s community outreach programs to improve our neighborhoods where we work and live. We believe our employee-owners, customers, neighborhoods, and our country are collectively interrelated to improve the quality of life for us and our future generations. To expand our corporate mission, we are continuing to look for motivated employee-owners to join us at GaN. Come join us to begin your career and ownership at GaN.
GaN has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer/General Engineer/Project Manager in Colorado Springs AND Huntsville, AL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading the effort to identify, collect, and refine support requirements for assigned Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) test events, in conjunction with the Event Operations Manager
• Acting as primary POC during status and planning meetings for assigned BMDS test events
• Creating and presenting briefing materials during status and planning meetings for assigned BMDS test events
• Acting as an integrator and working with a group of multidisciplinary engineers to ensure BMDS test event requirements are faithfully met
• Assisting the Event Operations Manager in the preparation and maintenance of funding ROMs for each assigned BMDS test event
• Providing BMDS systems engineering expertise in support of the Chief Engineer, Infrastructure Manager, and Event Operations Manager
• Minimum of 2 years of BMDS systems engineering experience
• Must be US Citizen with current/existing Secret clearance
• Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products
• Demonstrated experience in the briefing of technical material to a varied audience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a STEM field 3-10 years of experience. Sufficient BMDS experience will be considered in lieu of a STEM degree (6 years of experience to meet education requirements).
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Experience with MDA Ground Test program
• Experience with MDA Flight Test program
• Experience with MDA Exercise program
• Knowledge of MDA hierarchy and leadership structure
• Availability to work infrequent nights or weekends
• Availability to travel infrequently for one week or less at a time
Geeks and Nerds Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected classifications. Geeks and Nerds Corporation participates in E-Verify.