Geeks and Nerds, as an employee owned company, believes the success of our corporation is directly tied to wellbeing and success of our employee-owners. With their dedication and innovation, our employee-owners contribute to the corporate success by exceeding our customers’ expectations. Our employee-owners are also the cornerstone of GaN’s community outreach programs to improve our neighborhoods where we work and live. We believe our employee-owners, customers, neighborhoods, and our country are collectively interrelated to improve the quality of life for us and our future generations. To expand our corporate mission, we are continuing to look for motivated employee-owners to join us at GaN. Come join us to begin your career and ownership at GaN.
GaN has immediate opening in Huntsville Alabama for an experienced Network Engineer supporting the Software Lifecycle Development at the S3I campus on Redstone Arsenal.
• Designs, implements, and supports LAN/WAN networks and systems
• Develops and maintains network systems and service configurations
• Documents and troubleshoots network and system issues
• Creates and maintains network diagrams and documentation
• Tests and evaluates network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements
• Assists with the configuration, implementation, and utilization of NetScout Devices and other network monitoring tools
• Provide network monitoring, troubleshooting, and report during missile defense test events
• Provide communications (Secure VoIP, Secure Chat) support during missile defense test events
• Traveling to support missile defense test events
• While traveling, configure network endpoints to include workstations and audio/visual endpoints (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.)
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be used in lieu of degree
• Must have current/ existing security clearance
• CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certified
• CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
• Must have experience with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
• Must have experience deploying and managing TACLANEs
• Must have experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
• Travel for CONUS and OCONUS support (up to 25% per year)
• Experience deploying and managing firewalls (Palo Alto and/or Cisco ASA)
• Experience with network management and monitoring toolsets such as NetScout, Wireshark, ExtraHop, SolarWinds, etc.
• Familiar with Windows and Linux workstation and server configuration and operation
• Familiar with Multicast Network configuration and operation
• Familiar with Cisco Telephony and AV endpoints such as VoIP phones and VTC units
• CCNP/CCIE Certification
Clearance Level: SECRET
GaN Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected classifications.