Geeks and Nerds, as an employee owned company, believes the success of our corporation is directly tied to wellbeing and success of our employee-owners. With their dedication and innovation, our employee-owners contribute to the corporate success by exceeding our customers’ expectations. Our employee-owners are also the cornerstone of GaN’s community outreach programs to improve our neighborhoods where we work and live. We believe our employee-owners, customers, neighborhoods, and our country are collectively interrelated to improve the quality of life for us and our future generations. To expand our corporate mission, we are continuing to look for motivated employee-owners to join us at GaN. Come join us to begin your career and ownership at GaN.
GaN has immediate opening in Huntsville Alabama for an experienced project specialist with a primary focus on developing and cultivating strategic relationships with customers, corporate partners and the community.
The ideal candidate should be able to represent the culture and spirit of GaN in the community. Responsibilities include:
1. Cultivating lasting relationships in the community to initiate and grow new partnership opportunities
2. Collaborating with local schools and universities regarding the creation of programs to encourage involvement in STEM career paths
3. Assisting in the creation, planning, and managing of GaN’s Small Business Association HUBZone involvement
4. Working with our business development and recruiting/outreach teams to help identify opportunities for expanding company reach and branding
5. Utilizing GaN’s social media accounts to provide regular updates regarding company news, initiatives, and other announcements
6. Acting as a liaison for GaN outreach programs, including Foundation Next Step
7. Other administrative duties as assigned
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Experience:
1. Effective Communication skills across multiple professional disciplines
2. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
3. Attention to detail and organization skills
4. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
5. Knowledge of marketing techniques
Desired Skills and Experience:
1. Website design experience
2. Familiarity with the Small Business Association’s HUBZone program
3. Previous public relations experience
4. Previous experience with managing company social media accounts
GaN Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected classifications.