Geeks and Nerds Corporation (GaN), as an employee owned company, believes the success of our corporation is directly tied to wellbeing and success of our employee-owners. Our employee-owners are the cornerstone of GaN’s mission to deliver innovative and superior service and products while serving our community and our nation. We are seeking exceptional candidates to that wish to make a positive difference to our mission.
GaN Corporation is seeking a Senior Level Contracts Specialist. Ideal candidates have recent and relevant experience gained from providing contract and subcontract management support to DOD or other Government organizations and are adept at briefing mid and senior staff personnel regarding contracting policies/regulations.
• Will interface with internal and external personnel regarding contracts, develop pricing for proposals, and develops a set of standard contracts for the company.
• Conducts research prior to writing contracts, including analyzing a contract’s risk to the business
• Will prepare and develop contract requirement packages (CRP); to include preparation and assistance with the development of the Statement of Work, Justification and Approvals, Contract Data Requirement Lists, and other pertinent documents required for the CRP.
• Analyzes all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and company policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
• Conducts analysis of new laws, regulations and contract trends to determine potential impact on the business
• Coordinates with the finance department to ensure correct billing and collection of contractual revenues, maintains a computer database for the company’s contract management system, and Develops, maintains, and provides contract metrics to the program manager and leadership team to improve project performance and compliance
• Conduct and inform CDRL / SDRL reviews, invoice reviews, and site visits upon contract award and closure
• Prepares requests for proposals for distribution to vendors and audits existing contracts, overseeing any contract modifications and monitoring performance of each signed contract.
• Leads complex contract negotiations and manages all changes in and addendums to existing contracts, including identifying potential improvements to existing policies.
• Complete the contract closure process in close coordination with the program manager and senior leadership team and prepares reports on the status of contracts for management
• Will prepare and negotiate NDAs, Teaming Agreements, Subcontract Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Leasing Agreements, Organizational Conflict of Interest Certifications and other contractual correspondence.
• Develop, manage and schedule internal program audits of all Federal and commercial contracts
• Interfaces with contracting office to address and generate questions for Government issued RFI, DRFP and RFP’s
• Will have a thorough understanding of contract terms/conditions and able to effectively train and supervise other contract professionals
BS in contracts, business or related field and 7+ years of experience in contracting, subcontracting, and pricing/costing
Required Skills/ Experience
• Must have experience administering large IDIQs and BPA
• Extensive knowledge of the FAR
• Thorough understanding SBA rules and regulations
• Must have experience pricing proposals
• Must have experience administering various contract types (Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Cost Plus Incentive Fee, Firm Fixed Price)
• Must have the ability to digest complex technical issues and evaluate those issues to assess the impact to the contract.
• Must have the ability to work in a teaming environment and have the personality to interface with numerous Government and contractor personnel in rapid paced environment.
• Must have thorough knowledge of MS Office suite of products.
• Legal/paralegal experience a plus.
• Experience with Costpoint a plus.
• CMMI experience
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
GaN Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected classifications.