GaN has an immediate need for a cybersecurity subject matter expert team to support U.S. Army acquisition community cybersecurity requirements.
If you are the best of the best, and want to lead other smart and passionate people to accomplish National Security objectives, then come make a difference on the bleeding edge of cyberspace with Geeks and Nerds (GaN). GaN Corporation is now accepting resumes for Senior Cybersecurity Engineers to support the U.S. Army acquisition community to harden and test its military systems against novice to advanced cyber threats. The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will work with other contractors and Government engineers to build cybersecurity into new and legacy systems. This position requires leadership, ingenuity, initiative, superior organizational skills, and an ability to lead multidiscipline teams with minimal supervision on all assignments.
GaN hires creative and independent thinkers, tinkerers, and makers with a desire to grow personally and professionally as well as to help GaN grow as a company. Our team consists of people with exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills who are personable and outgoing. We are always ethical partners with our customers, maintaining a professional demeanor while being dedicated to superior customer service, quality, and team building. To be a part of this team, you must be self-motivated and self-directed to work independently, but also be open and communicative to work as a team, to exceed all GaN and customer expectations.
GaN Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected classifications. GaN Corporation participates in E-Verify.
• Work with Army acquisition community (programs, testers, evaluators, and developers) to build-in, test, and assess cybersecurity in military systems
• Establish plans and proposals for addressing cyber concerns for tactical systems
• Discover cyber vulnerabilities and identify mitigation strategies for weapon systems
• Provide public representation of GaN and our customers in briefings, meetings, and conferences, and competitions
• Provide detailed communications and reports to leaders
• Understand and communicate the "so-what" of cyber, not just the technical details
• BS (minimum)/MS or PhD (preferred) in Cybersecurity, Information Security Systems, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Network Engineering, Engineering, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical field.in Engineering or related technical field.
• IASAE Level II or III Certified
• Experience with NSA certified cyber red team
• BS with 10+ years of experience in related field
• MS with 8+ years of experience in related field
• PhD with 5+ years of experience in related field
• Able to derive and discover the potential impacts of cyberspace operations on weapon systems
• Provide strategic guidance to Army leaders
• Understand systems engineering principles and critical design factors for cybersecurity
• Ability to plan, prepare, and execute mitigation strategies for malicious cyber activity on U.S. systems
• Assist in the creation of asset management and disaster recovery plans to ensure Continuity of Operations
• Be able to design, build, maintain, and operate information systems incorporating cybersecurity design principles at the earliest stages of program development
• Lead or assist the government in the execution of tests and evaluations on weapons systems
• Experience working in a DoD or federal environment and familiarity with all relevant policies, guidelines, and procedures for cyberspace operations
• Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain professional demeanor at all times
• Dedicated to customer service, quality, and team building
• Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently
• Ability to perform successfully as a senior member or leader of a multidiscipline team
• In addition to IASAE Certification, possess multiple DoD 8570 IA certifications such as CISSP, CEH, ISSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP, SSCP, GCIA, GCED, GCFA, GCLC, GCIH, GSIH, LPT
• Military or Civilian Experience with weapon system test and evaluations
• Military or Civilian Experience in Cyberspace Operations (DoDIN, DCO, and/or OCO) or Information Operations related to Cyberspace
• Performed as a lead evaluator for cyber vulnerability assessments
• Performed as a lead penetration tester
• Possess experience operating on or leading an NSA Certified Red Team
Security Type Needed:
SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
About Huntsville, Alabama USA:
Huntsville is a city centrally located in the northernmost part of the U.S. state of Alabama. It is located in Madison County and extends west into neighboring Limestone County. Huntsville is the county seat of Madison County, and the fourth-largest city in Alabama. Huntsville is the largest city in the four-county Huntsville-Decatur Combined Statistical Area, which in 2008 had a total population of 545,770.
Today, Huntsville is one of the most recognized cities in the Southeast - consistently named as one of the best places to live and work by a variety of national publications. The city is regularly named as a premier location for both business and quality of life. In 2009, Kiplinger's Personal Finance named Huntsville as America's Best City.
Technology, space, and defense industries have a major presence here with the Army's Redstone Arsenal, NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, and Cummings Research Park. In addition, Huntsville is home to several Fortune 500 companies and boasts a broad base of manufacturing, retail, and service industries. The quality of life and cost of living is exceptional, with a variety of educational, recreational, and cultural opportunities.